Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tommy Girl

I do agree with some of Mr. Maxwell's analysis, but not all of it. I agree that there is alot of sex contained in the ad, but sex is a factor used to catch the viewer's attention. Rape and racism are the last things I would ever think of when I look at the ad. I don't understand how rape can sell a product, and the same for racism. I think the ad was made to sell the perfume and make other girls feel just as confident and happy as the girl in the ad. But it all depends on how we look at things. If we knew that the ad was negative to begin with, we would be able to see all the flaws the ad contained. I think that advertisers should think of another, less offensive way to sell their product but still be able to catch the viewers' attention.

No comments: