Hello Everyone,
I hope you're not all glad that I am sick today, but I suspect, from reading the blog, that many of you are pleased to have an extra day to work on and collaborate on your essays. I will be there on Wednesday and you will need to be there as well with you drafts.
The blog exchange was hilarious. I think we need to have another talk about the 12-Step Program. All of you burning the midnight oil, some only just figuring out what to write about. I love Louie's desperate insistence that the essay wasn't due today even though it said in the syllabus that it was; sounds like denial to me!
Well, now that you have an extra couple of days to produce your draft, you have choice: either put it off until late Wednesday night or get serious about developing your essays now.
First, thing you can do is exchange drafts with people in class. Peer workshop without me there, in other words.
Second, find your second collaborator and work together to figure this difficult assignment out, then start reviewing your drafts on Docs.
Third, if you haven't got a clear idea, what you're thesis is yet, go back to your prewriting. I suggest you draw three columns on a sheet of paper turned lengthwise. Copy the question from the assignment at the top of the page. Then choose the essays you intend to work with and put the titles at the head of each column. Next, write what you infer the answer to the question would be for each of your authors. Also, copy in the quotations that have led you to make these inferences.
Fourth, use the blog to test out some ideas. You can do this as comments in response to this blog.
Tim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm spending the free hour eattimg tasty garlic fries at the tables outside of class....yummmmmm
I wasn't holding off on the essay maxwell, swear I texted five people about essay being due today n nobody knew LOL.
Phillippe says ummm i hope you feel better, but not too well to come back in a couple weeks. And I say just feel better!!!! :-) Get well soon
Is class cancelled on wednesday too? There's nothing on the schedule.
He said Monday only...
Post a Comment