Thursday, January 24, 2008
Tommy's Girl
I agree with some of what Maxwell said but not all. The sex appeal is quite obvious. The first thing that I thought when I saw the picture was "wow, what a good looking girl". So it worked on me right away. I also agree with the patriotic theme of the ad. The old time diner, the American flag behind the girl, and she was wearing a blue shirt with a sort of whitish background. The only thing I would disagree with was the rape part. Why would any advertiser promote rape? Unless they are trying to sell things to just rapists then it wouldn't make any sense. The rape narrative seemed a bit far fetched. It also seemed like we are looking for something that isn't really there, and by using a series of vague ideas we put together a logical thought. And to me that just doesn't make much sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
word!
Post a Comment