Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ad!!!

I think that Maxwell took it too far with the racism. I mean, it is just an ad. It is an advertisement for a business, and with any business, the people that make these ads are "just doing their job." If the ad sells, why not put a hot looking African American woman on the ad? On that note, who knows how many other ads there are of the same type of perfume with a different color woman being portrayed in the ad? This is just ONE ad. I have never even seen this before the other day in class.
In the US, Americans worry too much about sexism. In Italy, there are billboards of half-naked women. While I was in Naples, I remember this one poster of a half-naked lady soaked in water. And sure enough, the ad was selling water. Everytime I saw the water bottle in Naples, I see the lady in the poster. The water ad would never be seen on the public streets of America because it WILL offend women.


Enjoy the commercial (hopefully it is appropriate). It's all in fun, right?

No comments: