I think that tim's interpretation of the Hilfiger ad was way off. I think that this ad is trying to show that Tommy Hilfiger perfume is patriotic and reaches out the the minority population. By putting an African American woman on this ad shows that whoever wears this perfume will be as beautiful and as comfortable as she is on the ad. By putting a beautiful woman on this ad gets men and women to buy this perfume; men because they think it will make whoever they buy the perfume for as beautiful as the women on this ad, and women will buy it too thinking that this perfume will make them feel as attractive to males as the women on the ad also.
I think his interpretation of the diner counter is correct though, because it does show that she is comfortable and happy sitting there. I really don't think that this ad is about rape and making you feel worse about yourself. I think that the ad is trying to say wear this perfume and it will make you feel as beautiful as she is on the ad.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment