Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tommy Girl

I honestly think that the interpretation of this ad was taken a little too far. Maybe that is just because I don't see rape when I look at this ad. I don't really think that it is too sexist eihter. I guess I don't examine these ads carefully enough to think much about them. If it interests me then cool, I might take a longer glance at it. If not then whatever. But I think this could be a common problem among people today. We just see what we want to see and not the true message. Maybe that is what this specific ad is trying to sell, or maybe it is just trying to sell perfume to women. I personally see it as just that, an ad to sell perfume to women. After this experience I might actually look more at these things the next time I am fliping through a magazine.

No comments: